In December 2019 I obtained my PhD from the Evolution and Ecology Research Centre (EERC) at UNSW Sydney, where my research focused on the rapid evolution of introduced plants. At the moment I am employed as a Research Assistant in the EERC and continuing my research activities. I am also working part-time at Planet Ark Environmental Foundation as a Research Officer for the National Tree Day team.
- Prize for Outstanding Evolution and Ecology Thesis (2019)
- Prize for Outstanding Evolution and Ecology Postgraduate Researcher (2018)
- Prize for Outreach and Communication in Evolution and Ecology (2017)
- Winner of the 3-minute Thesis Competition at the Postgraduate Research Forum run by the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (Nov 2017)
- MSc course and thesis in Conservation Biology (award for top student)
- BSc (Hons) Zoology (award for top student)
- National Tree Day campaign, weekly volunteer – Planet Ark
- Demonstrator for biology practical sessions – UNSW
- Front-of-House Volunteer – Australian Museum
- Science Communicator – CSIRO’s STEM Professionals in Schools voluntary program
- Environmental Scientist – Sinclair Knight Merz, Sydney
- National Survey Co-ordinator – The Bat Conservation Trust, London
- Molecular Systematics Research Officer – Royal Botanic Gardens, London
Download a full copy of my resume here.